We Buy Houses In Columbus, Ohio. A well thought out backyard can be a huge factor when selling your home. It can influence prospective buyers’ entire perception of the property. As such, a messy, overgrown yard can deter buyers and make a horrible first impression. We are homebuyers in Ohio and in our latest blog, we have put together some ideas to make your yard a selling point, helping you to get the best return on your home.
They don’t call it the great outdoors for anything. A well landscaped and maintained yard can add 15% to the value of your home. If a person REALLY loves it, your yard can add another 12% in perceived value to certain buyers! That’s a lot of value! Here are some suggestions to have your yard sell your home!
Curb Appeal Of Your House In Columbus OH
We can’t express enough how important curb appeal can be when it comes to selling your Columbus area home. The fact of the matter is, people, DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. An overgrown front yard, worn paint, and overall messiness could cause some people not to even bother looking inside your home!
- Add paint touch-ups as needed
- Add new fixtures, locks, and doormat
- Refresh mailbox with some paint and flowers planted around the base
- Trim back bushes and trees, and make sure all the weeds are pulled from the flower beds.
Make Them Feel At Home In Your Ohio House
A backyard can be a huge opportunity for entertaining and a place for family and friends to gather. Let your potential buyers envision themselves relaxing in the space by setting up a few key areas.
- Make sure there are multiple seating areas.
- Add some leisure items such as a hammock or fire pit
- A nice backyard can almost serve as an additional room. Make the grilling area into an outdoor kitchen.
During showings and open houses, make sure to utilize the backyard! Grill some burgers and create a relaxing, homey atmosphere for your guests!
Clean Up Your Yard In Your Ohio Home
A clean and neat yard speaks volumes about how you care for the other aspects of your home. If you invest time and energy into the beautification of your yard, then you are likely to do the same throughout the rest of the house. A clean yard shows you take pride in your home, which potential buyers will recognize and respect.
- Power the sidewalk, porch, driveway, and anything else that needs it. A good power washing can have the same effect as a fresh coat of paint!
- Pull the weeds, edge the lawn, and trim back bushes and trees.
- Get rid of ANY clutter laying around. Even if it something you use, if it is in any way an eye-sore, store it away somewhere else.
- Wash the windows, inside and out
- Touch up worn out or chipped paint
- Fix anything in need of repair – steps, mailbox, etc.
Be Efficient When Landscaping Your Yard In Ohio
While you want a beautiful yard, you don’t want it to be a full-time job to maintain. Simple and clean is the best way to go.
- Be conscious of water usage, especially in dryer areas.
- Don’t plant high maintenance vegetation.
- Consider a rock garden, sand, or gravel in one area of the yard.
However, you choose to landscape, make sure you are doing in consciously, with your potential buyer in mind! Your yard can make or break the sale of your home! Keep this in mind when you are ready to sell your Columbus OH house!
Sell My House In Columbus OH
If you want to avoid having to do any home upgrades and just want a quick and effective sale so you can walk away, you can sell your house in Ohio to us. We’re professional Columbus area home buyers and we offer cash for houses throughout the Buckeye State. Just reach out to us or fill out the form on this website so we can quickly look at your situation and make you a fast-fair cash offer on your Columbus OH house.